Don’t let this happen to you. Here is a video of a self proclaimed “well-educated” woman getting into an argument with a Metro North Conductor.
The woman boarded the New York bound train last week in Westport, and was apparently speaking loudly on her cell phone and using profanity. When the conductor asked her to stop using profane language, the woman replied, “I was not cursing. Excuse me, do you know what schools I’ve been to and how well-educated I am?”
Here are a few train etiquette tips for you to keep in mind the next time you ride the rails to your next destination.
- Don’tÂ sit in a seat that was not assigned to you.Â If it is open seating then pick your seat and do not put your things on the seat next to you.
- If using your cell phone everyone does not need to hear your conversation and do not use profanity
- Avoid eating smelly foods
- Parents control your children
- Clean up after yourself.Â Weather in the bathroom, dining car or your seat always put your trash in the trash can.
Remember Etiquette is making other people feel comfortable.